Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lemon Zucchini Bread

So, I haven't been on here for a while.....Pinterest has taken over my life.  Well that and the normal summer things that we do, for instance Gardening, holidays, running half marathons, going to the beach, making popsicles and the like.  I am the lucky recipient of produce from my parents garden and my boyfriend's parent's so, I am trying to put it to good use.  We've had an explosion of zucchini so in order to use it up, it takes creativity and that's where pinterest comes in.  I saw this recipe on pinterest and knew I had to try it.  Unfortunately, I did not have all the ingredients on hand, I subbed the greek yogurt for buttermilk and I used applesauce instread of canola oil.  I am becoming the queen of improvision so try it and you decide, its not like there won't be 10 more zucchinis popping up in your garden tomorrow!

Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 c applesauce
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c vanilla greek yogurt
splash of skim milk
juice of 1 lemon (take care not to get the seeds in the batter)
zest of 1 lemon
1 c grated zucchini

Blend the dry igredients in medium bowl
beat eggs and add wet ingredients, fold in zucchini
add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  do not over mix
put in 9x5 loaf pan
bake till toothpick comes out clean. 
This smells absolutely divine and tastes good too.  A nice twist from your run of the mill zucchini bread, you have to use up the bazzillon zucchinis that crop up almost daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment