Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ugly Bride Party

So maybe I mentioned in my last blog that I have been busy and that's why I haven't spent much time blogging.  One of the reasons is I recently got married. We got engaged at Thanksgiving last year and its just been a whirlwind ever since.  The parties, the showers, the planning. Everything takes time and it just seems like everything moves so fast!

I didn't want a traditional bachelorette party.  I am over the bar scene and I wanted to do something unique and totally over the top.  That's just how my mom's side of the family rolls. At Christmas, my cousins Kristin, Courtney and I came up with a great idea. The UGLY BRIDE PARTY!  You may ask what pray tell is an Ugly Bride Party?  Well, my dear, thank you for asking. We spent months scouring the internet, consignment shops and salvation armies for the perfect ensembles.  The looks could not be replicated if we tried! We had fringe, pouf sleeves, lace, feathers even a lampshade!
We then headed, dressed to the 9's to where else? The Olive Garden! 

Every spring, my cousins and aunts and I all flock to my Grandma's house outside Detroit for a girl's slumber party. We make snacks and do facials and nails and talk and drink champagne and cackle.  Yes, if you've ever been in a room with us, you would hear our famous cackles!  This was an awesome theme for our slumber party/bachelorette party.  We voted on the best gown and we caused quite a stir at the local Olive Garden in all our finery!

I must say, this was probably one of the best times of my life! I can't wait to see what we come up with next year! I love you girls with all my heart!
 Goin' to the chapel
 Winner of the Trophy of ugliest Bride
Me and my bridesmaids Love you girls!
 Celebrate good times, come on!
Takin' it to the streets!

2 comments:

  1. Ugly Bride Party! That seems interesting theme for bridal bash. I am sure everyone had just brilliant time over there. My best friend just got married at Los angeles wedding venues and we had also arranged a fun unique bridal bash for her. It was so hilarious and we all enjoyed thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete