Friday, December 30, 2011

Cheesy Artichoke Dip

We always celebrate Christmas at my mom's with appetizers galore and this year was no different.  This is the dip I brought and everyone went crazy over it.  I think it would be a great addition to any of your New Year's parties and its super simple to make.  If I do it again, I am going to sprinke bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese for a crispy crust, but its just fine without it.  The leftovers did't last long in the fridge.  This recipe makes a huge au gratin pan of this as well as this smaller gratin dish of dip so its great for a large crowd.

2 bars of cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
4 green onions sliced thin (Whites and tops)
1- 8 oz jar of roasted red peppers chopped
2- 6 oz jars of marinated artichoke hearts drained.....I save the juice for marinating chicken etc....
2 cups motzarella cheese shredded
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tsp Franks Red Hot
3 tsp L&P Worchestershire sauce
Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper

Preheat oven to 350

In a large bowl with hand mixer mix cream cheese till fluffy and then add mayo and beat it till smooth, add cheeses, mix then add veggies and sauces.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Bake in 350 oven 30-40 minutes.   I added cheese on top which turned a nice golden brown in the oven.  Serve with crackers or crudites.  I have wasa crackers shown here.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment