Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cucumber Avocado Soup

So continuing on my journey of eating raw foods, I decided to give this soup a try.  I am still feeling good and having more energy and sneezing and wheezing a lot less.  Now I am just waiting for the weight loss they keep talking about.  Its so funny to hear people say being healthy costs so much.  I've actually reduced the grocery bill.  And if you are thinking about this, you will save much more by being healthy in the long run by reducing your healthcare bills.  Seriously people, a bag of carrots is $1.69.  Yes it takes a while to clean up after yourself, but its time you are disconnected from facebook, cell phone, internet and you can really just think about things while you clean up the juicer, food processor etc.  So this soup, it was really cheap.  The avocado was .99.  The cucumber was .39.  The lime was .39.  I added a clove of garlic to this and some salt. But seriously, I can spend over $7.00 on lunch at the cafeteria sometimes. 

So I threw the avocado and seeded cucumber in the food processor along with the zest of the lime, a minced clove of garlic and a dash of salt.  The cilantro garnish is optional, but it gave it a little punch of flavor I thoroughly enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment