Thursday, December 8, 2011

Healthy Smoothie

Next year is going to be a banner year for me!!! Once again, I have resolved to get healthy!  As I mentioned in my last post, I have been using my juicer and trying aspects of the raw diet.  Today I whipped up this smoothie with things I pulled out of the fridge, trying to use it up before it dies in my fridge!!  If you are up for trying new things, this blog is for you!

I've never tried flax seeds before but there are a myriad of health benefits from these little babies....including fighting cholesteral, diabetes, cancer, constipation, inflammation, menapausal symptoms, heart disease and atypical depression!!  I added a tablespoon to this smoothie.  I have continued to have more energy, not have those 3pm crashes and still have not had to take an allergy pill for almost 2 weeks and have had a lot less congestion. 
I also added about 3 tbsp almond butter which I haven't made before.  Super easy!!!

1 cup almonds, 2 tbsp olive oil and pulse to desired consistency in the food processor!

Smoothie

8oz plain yogurt
2 spears pineapple
1/3 cup mango pieces...just now realized I left the frozen strawberries in the microwave!!!! oops!
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp flaxseed.

I did this in the food processor also because its pretty thick and my blender couldn't take it.  Its more of a meal than a shake anyway!!! If you want to thin it out, add more almond milk, a couple ice cubes or some pure water.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment